Monday, May 3, 2010

What's Going on Now

So it's been a while since I've posted. Paddlers close to me know that I've had a couple surgeries in the last 2 months. One was serious, the other not so.
Most of my paddling lately has been on the Washougal, from MP 7 down, a couple times through Big Eddy, and once from just below Big Eddy. I'm still having fun.
We had a great trip on the Molalla a few days ago. It was a little on the high side, and what with my slightly delicate condition, we ran from below Baby Bear to that take-out about 2 miles below Glen Avon. Goldilocks was quite something - fun until the house-sized boulder appeared in front of me and I had to decide which side to pass. Right it was.
Then last Saturday I paddled Oregon's (Clackamas County's) Salmon River with the LCCC. It was totally busy. We had a lot of fun, but not everyone was up to the challenge. What was billed as a 2+ run with a 3 was more like a 3 run with a 3+/4. No worries. I admit that I got a hypothetical demerit by passing through a log jam that I should have scouted. It's funny how the water just draws you down when you can see the possibility of a line. It wouldn't have worked for the canoes...
Then it turned out to be 9.7 miles - a long ways when you're watching for lines and hazards all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment